Executive Assistant to the CEO -Bilingual
Are you service oriented and enjoy driving solutions forward? Are you passionate about maintaining an organized and functional workspace? Do you have a friendly and welcoming demeanor? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that educates and prepares the diverse adult immigrant population of Washington, DC to become productive citizens and members of American society who give back to their family and community. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization that’s been ranked one of the top places to work in DC by the Washington Post for the last 3 years.
Executive Assistant to the CEO - Bilingual
We are seeking a bilingual Executive Assistant (English/Spanish) to assist the CEO by providing management support. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison for internal and external matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Executive Office. The Executive Assistant must be able to work well under pressure while using discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and completing expense reports
- Handles executive communication, including taking calls, responding to emails and interacting with internal and external stakeholders, which include Board members, donors, and senior staff members
- Conserves CEO’s time by collecting and analyzing information
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Operates as a “gatekeeper" in order to successfully manage the CEO's time and office
- Maintains CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO and determines the appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Arranges events and meetings that take place inside and outside the workplace, such as Board meetings, retreats, staff events, etc.
- Prepares materials for Board and other meetings
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Maintains a well-organized filing system of paper and electronic documents, updates database of mailing list, and handles mailings and invitations
- Manages projects and follows-through to successful completion
- Monitors school reporting deadlines, ensuring that required reports are submitted on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years’ experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English; reading, writing and speaking
- Strong service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and take initiative as needed
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others and delegate duties
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Support the school’s mission and comfortably work with people from diverse backgrounds