Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Staffing) - Office of Human Resources
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
In order to qualify for this HR Specialist position at the GS-11 position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-09 in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Applying OPM rules and guidelines to staffing and recruitment duties and functions;
- Utilizing automated HR staffing systems to perform Merit Promotion (MP) staffing and placement work, such as; building vacancy announcements, referral lists, etc.; and
- Conducting qualification analysis of applicants for professional, administrative, clerical and technical positions.
Have completed the requirements for a Ph.D. OR equivalent doctoral degree OR three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in another field of study with course work directly related to the work of this position.
LL.M., if related
Have an equivalent combination of Education and Experience as stated above that meets 100% of the requirements.
In order to qualify for this HR Specialist position at the GS-12 position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-11 in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Applying Federal Delegated Examining and Merit Promotion recruitment and placement principles, regulations and practices;
- Utilizing automated HR staffing systems and processes (i.e. USA Staffing, eOPF, PeopleSoft (EHRP), etc.);
- Developing job analysis, automated assessment tools, vacancy announcements, etc.; and
- Consulting with program managers to identify their recruitment and staffing needs, and developing strategies to meet those needs.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 04/17/2019.
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video... Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
For the GS-11 level, if you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): Click here
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
HUMAN RESOURCES AUTOMATED SYSTEMS - Utilizes web-based automated staffing systems (such as USA Staffing, QuickHire, PeopleSoft, etc.), to perform staffing and placement work that includes generating job announcements, reviewing applicant qualifications on-line and generating referral lists.
PROBLEM SOLVING - Identifies problems and uses logic, judgement, and data to evaluate alternatives, and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - Understand and applies knowledge of Federal and/or private sector Human Resources laws, rules and regulations.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - Works and communicates with clients and customers (e.g., anyone who uses/receives the services/products that your work unite provides, including those who work in your agency or in other agencies/organizations outside the Government) to satisfy their expectations
PERSONNEL and HUMAN RESOURCES - Knowledge of hiring, classification, benefits, labor relations, negotiation, and federal, state, and local employment regulations.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10470637