Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement)
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training and work assignment purposes.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
TIME IN GRADE: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
FOR THE GS-12 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Serving as a strategic human resources consultant providing a full range of innovative and authoritative employment consultation, advisory and operational services to Agency hiring managers, administrative professionals, and employees; and
- Interpreting and applying Federal human resources laws, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to recruitment and placement activities including: Merit Promotion Plans; Delegated Examining procedures; advising customers on available competitive and excepted service hiring options; Federal pay administration; student employment programs; reduction-in-force and directed reassignment activity; and personnel action approval; and
- Analyzing recruitment policies, trends and data in order to: (1) determine appropriate recruitment methods; (2) provide customers with a variety of viable options for filling vacant positions; and (3) ensure consistency with prevailing hiring initiatives and goals throughout the hiring process; and
- Independently determining appropriate rating, ranking, and selective placement factors for vacant positions and developing job analyses and applicant assessment questionnaires in order to ensure the referral and selection of the best-qualified candidates; and
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to advise customers on controversial or sensitive, complex, and difficult recruitment and placement issues; and
- Independently and proficiently using automated systems to create vacancy announcements, rate and rank applications, and issue applicant referral lists for the full range of Federal positions, including higher level, more complex positions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. Refer to PUBLIC LAW 114-47-AUG. 7, 2015 for more information.
- First time hires to the federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the duty location of the position. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Locality pay will vary based upon the selectee's duty location. A final salary determination will be made upon selection.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Recruitment & Placement
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
To preview the application questionnaire, please visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10472342 Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No