Chief Audit Executive
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
U.S. citizenship is required.
All qualification requirements must be met by 05/15/2019. Your application package will not receive consideration if it lacks any of the required documents listed under the "Required Documents" tab.
Probationary Period. One-year probationary period may be required.
Selective Service. If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Background Suitability Investigation. Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation and the granting of a federal suitability or security clearance. If selected, you may be offered tentative employment until the background investigation has been fully adjudicated.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing (e.g., 15 semester hours) but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of above, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described above; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of full-time specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level (equivalent to the GS-15) in the federal government. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience overseeing the planning, conduct, and reporting of an Agency's internal audit activities.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs): Each of the below MTQs must be addressed in your five page resume. Please provide specific examples that address relevant experience and accomplishments. Examples should detail the level of responsibility, scope and complexity of work performed, and level and purpose of contacts. Failure to meet or address any of the MTQs will eliminate your from further consideration.
- Experience applying knowledge of the concepts, principles, laws, regulations and practices of auditing and risk management to oversee the planning, conduct and reporting of an Agency's internal audit activities.
- Experience in applying multiple methods and approaches for planning, integrating, and coordinating internal audits that supplement traditional internal audit functions.
- Experience influencing, communicating, and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to establish and foster an open transparent culture that supports the development of a more resilient organization.
- Experience managing and administering contracts and monitoring contractor performance.
If there is an education requirement, or if you are using your education to qualify for this position, you must provide your transcripts to support your educational claims. Transcripts may be unofficial copies, but they must come from an accredited college or university, and they also must include course names and the number of credit / semester hours. Click here to search the database of accredited institutions.
Foreign Education. If you are using education completed at foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in the interpretation of foreign education programs. Foreign education must be deemed equivalent to that gained at an accredited U.S. education program. For further information visit the U.S. Department of Education's website concerning foreign qualifications.
The FRTIB offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off*, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the 3-tier federal retirement system. The FRTIB also has wonderful benefits and work/life-balance flexibilities that may be right for you. We offer, if applicable:
- -Flexible work schedule options. The FRTIB offers two flexible work schedules, the Gliding Schedule and the Flexible 5-4/9 Schedule. Employees on the Gliding Schedule must arrive between 7 am and 9:30 am and work 8 hours plus a 30-minute unpaid lunch period. Employees on the Flexible 5-4/9 Schedule work eight 9-hour days and one 8-hour day (plus the 30-minute unpaid lunch period) in each biweekly pay period and receive one scheduled day off; and must arrive between 6:30 am and 9:30 am on 9-hour days; or 7 am and 9:30 am on the 8-hour day.
- -Limited telework opportunities.
- -Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP provides employees with free confidential assistance for help with personal issues that may be affecting work life. The program also provides consultation to supervisors who are trying to best help an employee with performance and/or attendance problems.
- -Work Life 4 You. The FRTIB provides all employees and their family members with access to the Federal Occupational Health managed referral and information service to assist in dealing with life, family, health, education, work, and finance. This service is provided at no cost to the employee.
- -*Annual and sick leave (paid time off). Employees of the FRTIB accrue both annual and sick leave depending on years of service with the federal government. Annual leave may be used for vacation or other personal reasons. Sick leave may be used when you are ill, when you have a doctor, dental, or optical appointment, or when you need to provide care to an ill family member.
- -Fitness center. The FRTIB employees, at no cost, have access to the fitness center conveniently located on the main level of the building featuring state of the art weight training and cardiovascular equipment.
- -Extensive training programs and tools supportive of enhancing organization effectiveness and employee development.
- -A monthly transit subsidy for a portion of your commuting costs to help defray the commuting costs of employees who use mass transportation, including commuter bus, Metrorail or Metrobus, or commuter rail systems.
- -Child care program. The FRTIB's childcare subsidy program offers up to $600 in monthly subsidy paid to qualified child care providers of employees meeting the eligibility requirements.
- -Student loan repayment or recruitment bonus, when applicable.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position; however, other recruitment incentives may be authorized. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To preview the occupational questionnaire, click on the following link https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10461910.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Applications will be evaluated based on the quality and extent of accomplishments and experience as they relate to the mandatory technical qualifications.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are minimally qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be referred to a SES panel for evaluation of the resume and MTQs to determine the best qualified candidates. Best qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Veterans' Preference. If you are claiming veterans' preference you must submit supporting documentation as described in the "Required Documents" section. Visit the Feds Hire Vets website for more information regarding veterans' preference.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and you are found Well Qualified for this vacancy. Well Qualified means you must meet all the minimum qualification standards listed above and be assessed and assigned the rating of at least Well Qualified to receive special selection priority. Well Qualified is further defined as possessing the Basic Qualifications and meeting the specialized experience noted above.
You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition website.