Not required - The job does not require any travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS BELOW:
Applicants must demonstrate at least one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED experience equivalent to the next lower grade/pay band (FG/GS-12/FV-H) in the Federal government. Specialized experience is defined as that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as:
- experience conducting qualitative and quantitative economic analysis on a wide variety of cross-cutting subjects and documenting the results in reports, memos, and presentations; and
- experience assessing, preparing, and presenting economic analysis of public policy alternatives to a variety of audiences, including executive-level audiences.
You should include relevant examples of the specialized experience in your work history. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered.
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD, OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience later in the selection process. Your responses are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate possession of any of the above criteria AND who do not provide the required documentation will receive no further consideration for this position.*
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and/or selective placement factor(s) (SPF) may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) and/or Quality Ranking Factor (QRF) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: (1) score order; (2) category grouping; or (3) alphabetical, and referred to the selecting official for selection consideration.
Applicants may be asked to verify information on your application for employment with the FAA.
**All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.**
This position has a positive education requirement: Applicants must submit a copy of their college or university transcripts(s) and certificates by the closing date of announcement to verify qualifications. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. You may upload these documents with your application in USAJOBS or fax it to fax number provided in the announcement (please include announcement number on each page).
Failure to do so will result in loss of consideration.
Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated by a private professional organization specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials or an accredited U.S. educational institution in terms of equivalence to a degree acquired at an American college or university. A copy of the evaluation results must be included, otherwise your foreign education will not be considered.
Foreign Education: For additional information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
If you are a current or former Federal employee, and you currently hold or previously held a position classified in the 110 occupational series, you are not required to submit a college transcript provided you upload a copy of the SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) verifying your classification in the 110 occupational series.
Applicants who are not currently in the 110 occupational series in the Federal Government and fail to provide a copy of an unofficial or official transcript will not receive further consideration for this vacancy. Upon selection, if not currently employed in the 110 occupational series, you will be required to submit an official transcript prior to appointment. If you do not have an official transcript (original, with the raised seal), you should contact your school immediately to request it.Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA section, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a human resource specialist as appropriate.
2. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
3. AFSCME Interview Criteria: Article 42, Section 13 states: If the selecting official decides to interview any employee on the selection list for a vacancy, then all who remain under consideration for the position at that point in the process must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement.
4. This Level 1 (Low Risk) position requires favorable adjudication of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) background investigation prior to appointment.
5. Position is also being advertised under VA #AWA-APO-19-0010MP-61262. Please review both announcements before making application to determine your eligibility to apply.
6. Leave Enhancement: FAA organizations may offer enhanced annual leave accrual to certain newly-appointed or reappointed employees. To receive consideration, applicants' prior non-Federal service or active duty uniformed service must directly relate to the duties of the position to which appointed. Granting enhanced annual leave accrual is at the sole discretion of the hiring organization, is neither an entitlement nor a guarantee.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.