Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement)
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
TIME IN GRADE: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
FOR THE GS-13 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Interprets personnel rules and regulations, laws and procedures so that the staffing and placement program is maintained to conform to applicable statues and laws; and
- Consults and provides expert advice to management officials on all phases of the staffing process and collaborates with customers to identify their needs in order to provide innovative, proactive, and legal human resources services; and
- Experience identifying issues, resolving problems, and providing advisory services on a variety of general human resources operations topics to Agency supervisors and employees.
- Providing technical guidance to HR Specialists and Assistants on a variety of problems encountered in work assignments, which cover a variety of general human resources operations topics.
- Identify, analyze, conceptualize programmatic issues; develops alternative solutions; and provide recommendations in support of an effective personnel program.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- For more information on applying under special hiring authorities such as the Veteran's Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 percent disabled veterans, certain military spouses, Schedule A Disabled, etc., explore the different Hiring Paths on the USAJOBS website.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. Refer to PUBLIC LAW 114-47-AUG. 7, 2015 for more information.
- First time hires to the federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the duty location of the position. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Locality pay will vary based upon the selectee's duty location. A final salary determination will be made upon selection.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Conflict Management
- Developing Others
- Human Capital Management
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Recruitment & Placement
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
To preview the application questionnaire, please visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10473520 Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No