PROJECT FINANCE & INSURANCE PROJECT SPECIALIST (DE)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
(1) Independent experience conducting financial, legal structuring, or political risk analysis (e.g. due diligence, risk exposure, detailed credit analysis, private investments) in the loan origination of limited recourse finance transactions in developing countries; AND
(2) Experience with and understanding of international financial and investment policy issues to independently identify political, economic or credit risks; AND
(3) Demonstrated ability to independently create, analyze and run sensitivities on complex finance models for financial projects; AND
(4) Loan origination experience with international investments or international financial transactions while working at a commercial bank, investment bank, international financial institution, or multilateral organization; AND
5) Experience in project finance with experience gained in at least two (2) of the following areas: corporate finance, accounting, credit analysis, international investments and or commercial/investment banking.
NOTE: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application by the closing date of this announcement to be considered.
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution for education at this level.
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
If selected, you will be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450).
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
OPIC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement #OPIC-19-MP-10471789 using Merit Promotion procedures. If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet merit promotion requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. The categories for this announcement are defined as: Best-Qualified, Well-Qualified, and Qualified. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be used to determine if you are qualified for this job. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Analysis and Management
- External Awareness
- Planning and Evaluation
- Portfolio and Investment / Project Management
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher). Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No