SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a detail-oriented, responsible, highly motivated Writer to join the Marketing and Communications Services (MCS) unit in Washington D.C. or Chicago. The Content team of the MCS unit is integral in meeting the various print and online content development and publishing needs of association clients across all of our industry practices. TheWriter engages in a variety of projects – curated content creation, original content creation, editing, and project management – across several different client projects while juggling multiple deadlines and priorities.
What You Will Do
- Curate relevant industry content from a variety of publications and produce summaries for distribution in newsletters and on online content hubs
- Assist in the production and creation of client newsletters and content hubs
- Serve as copy editor and for client content projects
- Create longer-form content for client content projects, often based on interviews with industry/subject matter experts and thought leaders (by email and phone)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members, contributing writers/editors, graphic designers, advertisers/sponsors and client volunteer board members and volunteer editors
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You possess a great mix of creative and technical writing and editing skills
- You enjoy conducting thorough, in-depth content reviews and fact-checking of a broad range of content types
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to work well both individually and within a collaborative team setting
- You have demonstrated proficiency in time management and organization
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in Journalism, Communications, English or related field (with a strong emphasis on editing and/or writing)
- Familiarity with AP Style and other practices/styles related to content creation
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Related experience in publishing and/or a professional trade association or nonprofit environment is a plus
- Experience leveraging social media communication channels to provide a compelling and inspired sense of an organization's mission to a broad range of audiences is a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems is a plus
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/w26x5r6x56q6y6pf