PROJECT MANAGER - (Term Position...not to exceed 3 years)
The City of Falls Church, Virginia has a challenging career opportunity for a professional Project Manager to manage a state grant and private developer for public improvements. The successful candidate will be managing one of the largest projects the City has ever undertaken. It consists of a 10 acre redevelopment, supporting construction of a new high school and public improvements within VDOT and City ROW. The project has a state grant of $15.7M and is being designed and constructed by a developer. A qualified applicant must have experience in project management for projects related to transportation, signals, sidewalks and undergrounding utilities. A sound understanding of general civil engineering, project design and field inspection is a must. Moreover, a qualified applicant must possess excellent communication skills as well as a spirit of cooperativeness and team-building. In addition to project management associated with the City’s Project a successful applicant will provide coordination support for other projects managed by the City, including engineering review and oversight of private site development plans; transportation and stormwater. The successful candidate will be in the Department of Public Works and report directly to the Director of Public Works.
Planning and Programmatic Functions
- Oversees City’s project for improvements related to the West Campus ROW improvements.
- Coordinates the project with City’s budget
- Liaises with the Commissions and City Council regarding the project
- Assists with the development of the West Campus development coordination...
- Assists with the management and prioritization of the City’s goals.
- Provides technical presentations in public venues including but not limited to Planning Commission meetings, City Council meetings, Town Hall meetings, and various committee meetings.
- Coordinates with various City program areas including but not limited to transportation, stormwater, sanitary sewer, general facilities and development services.
- Develops and manages project budgets and schedules.
- Leads project and administrative meetings and conferences and makes recommendations concerning budget issues.
- Provides grant management/administration for the project.
- Liaises with granting authorities concerning existing grant award.
- Manages project from start to finish.
- Manages contracts related to design, engineering and construction of the project.
- Recommends solutions and alternatives to technical problems arising during study and design phase.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all stakeholders as well as other City departmental staff to ensure satisfactory completion of the project.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal rules, standards and regulations including but not limited to USEPA; USACE; FHWA; VDOT; VADEQ; VADCR.
- Writes technical specifications and contract documents
- Reviews all plans and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Shepherds construction through permitting and inspection process.
- Supervises work performed under contract and maintains professional control of the project to completion.
- Conducts field inspections, solves problems arising during construction phase.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with City officials, other public officials, developers, contractors, and the general public.
- Bachelors in civil engineering or related field;
- Seven years of related experience;
- Extensive experience in a responsible position in the engineering and/or construction field;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering, of municipal public works and public utilities administration, planning and design;
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze plans and specifications for construction of public facilities, formulate comprehensive operational policies and procedures, and prepare technical reports;
- Demonstrated ability to organize facts effectively, to prepare clear and concise reports; demonstrated ability to plan and supervise diverse construction and maintenance projects and specifically the work of skilled and semiskilled workers, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, private contractors, associates and the general public;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $85,000+ depending on qualifications. This position has some benefits. This is a term position not to exceed 3 years (an extension may be possible).
TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the City of Falls Church, Human Resources Division, 300 Park Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the City expects to start interviewing by May 22nd.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Disabled applicants may request reasonable accommodation during the selection process by forwarding the request to the Human Resources Division. The City of Falls Church does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age and disability in employment or the provision of services.
Apply for PROJECT MANAGER - (Term Position...not to exceed 3 years)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly