The Groundskeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, buildings, and common areas of the exterior of buildings. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, washing, sweeping, dusting, debris and snow removal. Projecting a professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Cleans pool area, grills, picnic area and picnic tables.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice or snow buildup.
- Maintains all exterior common areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Removes all trash and refuse from the building.
- Assists in mopping, scrubbing, trash, recycling, and storage rooms.
- Escorts contractors and monitors work per supervisors’ instructions, when available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to three years’ experience in related field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions.
Competitive pay, excellent medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance coverage, 401(k) program with company matching contributions and paid time off.