The Housekeeper Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of work activities of the housekeeping staff to ensure the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the property. The Housekeeper Supervisor serves as essential personal during site and weather-related emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the housekeeping staff of 9 employees.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Inspects work by visiting assigned buildings ensuring assigned task and duties are completed.
- Collects housekeeper weekly reports.
- Examines buildings to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture/equipment and makes recommendations to management.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supply levels and monitors supply usage.
- Selects and purchases cleaning materials.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- Provides training for staff on Hazardous Communication.
- Updates and maintains all Hazardous Communication information binders.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and residents' complaints.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning department expenses.
- Contacts repair/trash company to service and/or repair trash and recycling receptacles and equipment.
- Oversees turn cleaning contractors.
- Supervises floor maintenance as needed.
Directly supervises housekeeping staff of 9 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Two to three years of experience in related field, including experience with administrative/computer tasks.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bilingual is preferred.
Competitive pay, excellent medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance coverage, 401(k) program with company matching contributions, and paid time off.