IT Specialist (ENTARCH)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 3 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $117,191 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience in using strategic planning and enterprise architecture techniques, best practices and standards. This experience must include work in enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, data architecture, and strategic planning.
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates “state of the art” technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource constraints.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
This is not a virtual position. The selectee is expected to report to work in the duty station location listed in this vacancy announcement.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
Skill in project management
Skill in applying advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices.
Skill in enterprise-level IT projects
Skill in oral and written communications
Knowledge of policies, directives and regulations regarding IT system development.
Skill with IT business processes.
Skill applying enterprise architecture concepts, principles and standards.
Skill in at least one major topic area: cloud service providers and how application development occurs in those environments, open source development in the government workspace; API strategy and design; solution architecture for programs transitioning to cloud or DevSecOps.
Knowledge of current and emerging IT systems and design, architecture, development, and emerging technologies
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No