Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (ENTARCH)
25% or less - Overnight travel may be required 25% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This is an Excepted Service position. This appointment will not confer Competitive Service career-conditional or career tenure status. This means that if you are selected, you would have to compete with other applicants in open competition to meet requirements for another Federal position, unless you meet the requirements for reinstatement. Applicants who voluntarily convert from the competitive service, Senior Executive Service, or other pay systems to a non-time limited appointment under this excepted service authority are not afforded “fallback rights” to the pay system previously assigned prior to conversion.
- If selected for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE-Q level security clearance (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- This position has been designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to testing for illegal drug use. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass or refusal to take subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service
- If selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Statement (OGE-450) upon entering the position, and annually thereafter.
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12). A selectee's appointment is contingent upon compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. For this position, experience must be at least equivalent to the GS-14 level. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Experience providing final architectural review and approval for major technical artifacts and plans.
- Experience managing the development, implement and continual improvement of service management processes such as Incident, Problem, and Event Management.
- Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems to include risks/challenges and developing relevant mitigation strategies.
- Experience deploying projects and provide technical expertise in resolving problems.
In addition to the above, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
Knowledge of IT infrastructure in order to develop new methods, approaches, and procedures; and to provide advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex IT issues.
Ability to communication orally and in writing to in order to expresses information to individuals or groups effectively as well as to make clear and convincing presentations and produces well developed written products that influence others.
Knowledge of IT policy and planning concepts, methods and practices to represent the agency on intra and interagency work groups established to develop IT policy initiatives and solutions to critical issues.
Skill in applying new develops to previously unsolved problems and make decisions/recommendations that significantly influence important agency IT security policies and/or information sharing programs.
“Experience” refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service Programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered “well qualified” you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
There is no educational requirement at the GS-15 grade level, and education cannot be substituted for experience.
- The Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links ate the bottom of the page or visit the FedsHire Vets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established “well-qualified” category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- All males born after December 31, 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- You may be required to complete an OF-306, “Declaration for Federal Employment” form used to (a) determine your suitability for Federal Employment and/or (b) in conducting an investigation to determine your suitability or ability to hold a security clearance.
- Applications contain information subject to the Privacy Act (PL 93 579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
- This position requires the completion of a trial period of up to 1 (one) year.
- This position is not included in a bargaining unit.
EEO Policy Statement Reasonable Accommodation Policy Veteran's Information Telework: www.telework.gov Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
This position is in the excepted service and is being filled in accordance with 50 U.S.C. 3024(v). All candidates that meet all of the minimum requirements of this position as stated in the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement will be referred to the selecting official.
Selecting official may check references on those applicants referred for consideration. References will be checked on the selectee prior to an employment offer.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes