The Federal Judicial Center - Publishing Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at https://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts or related field;
- 2 - 4 years demonstrated experience designing and formatting a variety of professional materials in a publishing setting (samples required);
- Professional level skill in Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on InDesign and Photoshop required;
- Proficient in Illustrator and Word (Excel and PowerPoint is a plus);
- Experience proofreading documents in a professional environment (legal or research experience is preferred);
- Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file setup with knowledge of digital file delivery and preflight;
- Experience with creating stylesheets and templates; and
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and meet assigned deadlines.
This is a term, one-year position with the possibility of extension at the Center's discretion. The starting salary is set at $52,225. This position falls in the Center's pay band III which has a salary range up to $97,909; not all incumbents in pay band III positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For a successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $54,836, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Selected applicants will be evaluated based upon the question responses provided during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No