Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration)
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
For the CG 13 grade level, applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 12 level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes providing a wide range of information technology (IT) services (such as assisting in the setup, management and maintenance of all IT related equipment), database management, system development, network administration, project management and expert technical assistance (i.e. supporting end users with IT related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner).
For the CG 14 grade level, applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 13 level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes providing a wide range of information technology (IT) services (such as assisting in the setup, management and maintenance of all IT related equipment), database management, system development, network administration, project management and expert technical assistance (i.e. supporting end users with IT related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner).
You must also have Information Technology (IT) related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
Additional selections may be made should we determine there are more vacancies to fill in the same position.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Knowledge of professional computing system, IT industry trends, interrelationships between IT specialties as well as advanced IT data management principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices to make decisions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of IT systems, applications, IT policies/procedures and resources.
- Knowledge and skill in applying database management systems, operating systems, technical architecture, enterprise IT infrastructure and networks system linkages to implement and interpret guidelines used by others as well as to anticipate future OIG IT requirements.
- Skill in presenting issues, results and recommendations in both written and oral communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to exchange information and ideas in ways that promote mutual understanding of organizational issues and initiatives and to ensure that effective decision making occurs in operations.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes