Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one (1) year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience providing administrative support and assistance by managing electronic calendars; scheduling conferences, meetings, and official visits; preparing official correspondence; coordinating business travel and itineraries; and managing office operations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level in the federal service (GG/GS-07).
To qualify at the GG-09 grade level using education, you must have a Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position, such as Business Administration or Business Management. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification).
A combination of successfully completed education and experience may also be used to meet the total qualification requirement for this position at the GG-09 level. To qualify with a combination of education and experience, you must have the specialized experience described above, but less than one year, AND at least one year of graduate education, but less than the required two years.
This is a developmental position to a GG-0301-11; however, selection will only be made at the GG-09 grade level.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Documentation
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Recruitment/Relocation/Retention Incentives may be authorized.
- This is a developmental position to a GG-0301-11; however, selection will only be made at the GG-09 grade level. Non-competitive promotion to the target grade is possible if work is being performed at a satisfactory level and all qualification requirements are met.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.