Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Candidates must possess both the education and specialized experience as described to be determined basically qualified for this position.In addition to meeting the educational requirements, applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience at the next lower level (GS-13) or equivalent band) in the federal service or comparable private sector experience, which is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Your experience must demonstrate possession of the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, such as thorough knowledge of federal accounting concepts, standards and practices, as well as, applicable laws, regulations and precedents; experience planning and conducting comprehensive research and analysis of complex accounting and financial reporting issues; and developing authoritative recommendations. A certified public accountant (CPA) is highly desired.
Selective Placement Factor:
In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, you must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered qualified for this position:
Extensive knowledge of and experience in applying, auditing, or evaluating federal financial accounting standards and concepts promulgated by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB).
This position has a positive education requirement. Candidates must possess a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
Combination of education and experience -- at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the assessment questions. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Please follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to a vacancy question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Expert knowledge of accounting concepts, and practices, including federal reporting requirements set forth by the Department of Treasury, the Office of Management and Budget, and specific requirements established by legislation.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying principles and practices of project management and policy development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the federal government regarding accounting, auditing and financial management, including principles and standards promulgated by accounting standards boards, such as the FASAB, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), professional accounting organizations, and the Comptroller General.
- Skill in the planning and conduct of comprehensive research and analysis and recommending solutions to especially broad, important, and complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Skill in efficiently and effectively communicating complex technical information, both orally and in writing, to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No