Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be authorized in accordance with agency policy.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Pest Controlling~ without more than normal supervision. I have independently performed all of the following duties. I am consulted by other employees or in difficult situations regarding performance of the following duties: implementing an Integrated Pest Management Plan. Controlling and exterminating pest and insects such as weeds, fungus, termites, ants, mosquitoes, moths, rodents, small mammals, predatory animals, obnoxious birds, and bats in attics or walls, pigeons in loft areas and roaches in areas with stored food products. Planning and preparing working schedules, routines, cost estimates, and daily reports. Applying herbicides and fungicides as necessary to control unwanted growth. Mixing and applying a variety of chemicals in accordance with approved standard formulas. Maintaining equipment and tools for specific services and operating a variety of manual, powered equipment and light vehicles to complete work requirements. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Hazardous Materials
- Pest Control
- Problem Solving
- Technical Competence
- Physical Efforts: The work requires bending, crawling and climbing. The work is performed in tiring and uncomfortable positions in cramped and inconvenient surroundings. The Pest Controller frequently lifts materials weighing over 50 pounds and carries equipment weighing up to 40 pounds for extended periods. Heavy physical effort is expended when digging around foundations and opening building structures. The Pest Controller completes assignments from ladders rooftops and on occasion from bucket mounted to aerial boom.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed inside and outside in cold, windy, hot humid or wet conditions, underneath buildings or in other close, smelly, dirty or dusty places. Protective clothing and respirators, though often hot and uncomfortable, must be worn to reduce danger from inhaling pesticides or absorbing them through the skin. The employee may be subject to hazards of infection and/or diseases from poisons, gases, toxic pesticides, rodent bites; arthropod vectors, of diseases such as ticks, mites, fleas, etc; bites or stings from venomous arthropods, such as serpents, dogs, cats, etc. and allergic reactions from poisonous plants. There exists the possibility of falls from trees, ladders, and dangerous overhead areas in buildings. Is exposed to the possibility of accidents while driving government vehicles to and from job sites. To reduce the dangers and irritations from exposure to harmful substances and conditions, the employee follows prescribed safety practices and uses safety equipment such as respirators, hard hats, hard-toe-shoes, face masks, goggles, and protective clothing.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 - Pest Controlling position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.