Engineer II/III - Construction
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Engineer II/III. This position will perform responsible civil, mechanical and electrical engineering work associated with the construction of public water supply and related facilities.
Essential functions include:
- Performing construction management and contract administration of public water supply and related facilities construction projects. Ensure conformance with approved plans, specifications, and related contract documents.
- Reviewing plans and specifications for constructability and sequencing of construction to minimize impact to both Fairfax Water and the public.
- Negotiating construction change order cost and schedule impacts.
- Ensure permit compliance and all final releases.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints concerning construction activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering and a minimum of three years progressively responsible engineering experience in the construction of public water supply facilities, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. EIT or CCM certification is preferred. Candidate should have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering relating to the construction of public water supply.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $71,411.18 to $128,686.69 per annum. Applications must be received by April 26, 2019.