- Full Time
The Assistant Principal provides assistance to the school Principal as requested in the total school program.
- Assists the Principal in the implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the total school program; in the evaluation of instructional and classified personnel; in the supervision of student conduct and co-curricular activities; in the supervision of the school food service program and transportation; in the departmental budgeting process and the acquisition of supplies and supplementary materials for instructional use; in the coordination of programs and services related to instruction; and in the supervision of the custodial staff
- Coordinates building maintenance
- Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body and deals with special cases as necessary
- Serves with parent, faculty, and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives
- Performs record-keeping functions as the Principal may direct
- Performs related work as required
- Holds or is eligible for the Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision PreK-12
- Has experience as a teacher, Assistant Principal, Principal, or equivalent administrative experience
- Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents
The Assistant Principal is responsible to the Principal of the assigned school.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.