A/P Staff Accountant
SUMMARY: Provide support to the Accounts Payable Department. Perform check processing, verification, and filing. Process expense reports and travel advances.
- Distributes invoices to obtain division approval.
- Reviews vendor statements to ensure that all invoices reflected on the statements have been received by A/P.
- Processes expense reports and travel advances into the Accounts Payable system.
- Reviews expense reports for verification of authorization and coding.
- Monitors travel advances to ensure that expense reports to clear these advances are submitted timely.
- Maintains the travel advance worksheet and travel advance reconciliation sheet.
- Creates assigned monthly journal entries.
- Maintains reconciliation sheets for assigned accounts.
- Assembles copies of checks with corresponding payment documentation (invoice, check request, etc.) and file documentation in appropriate vendor files. Mail out or distribute the checks as appropriate.
- Maintains vendor and other specific files, as required.
- Maintains W9 Files.
- Retrieves documents and makes copies of such for month-end reporting and any required research.
- Responds to all vendor, staff or department inquiries. Answers calls that come through the general A/P phone line.
SCOPE: Communicates with Financial Services Division and other NRA staff, management, outside customers. Responds to vendor and staff inquiries and provide solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree
- Two year college level course work in a related field
- 1-3 years related accounting experience.
- Solid experience working within an automated accounting system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Effectively accomplish tasks with minimal supervision. Solid pc skills with proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Dynamics software are preferred. Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to perform data entry and inquiry functions in a data processing environment. Must have strong self-review skills, focused on accuracy, effectiveness, efficiency and detail.
To apply, send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations (required) to email@example.com The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) offering an extensive benefits package
Apply for A/P Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly