The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is seeking a Production Assistant to ensure that high- quality book and journal content is produced in a timely manner. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn technical publishing as they will perform production tasks for all ASCE technical publications as well as general office duties.
- performing manuscript quality control checks
- organizing front matter
- light proofreading
- generating reports & compiling mailing lists
- updating manuscript systems
- coding and routing electronic invoices and payments
The ideal candidate will have:
- A 2-year college degree or equivalent broad knowledge
- One to three years’ experience in a business setting or publishing production environment
- Keen eye for detail and a comfort working in databases
- Experience with proofreading and copyediting a plus
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a global nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of the civil engineering profession in order to serve the public good.
To accomplish ASCE's mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
To submit resume and cover letter go to: https://asce.applicantpro.com/jobs/1043338.html