Information Technology Specialist (Computer Specialist)
25% or less - Travel may be required for training and/or work related issues.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1)this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience at this grade level.
You must have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower level in federal government. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular qualifications to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
- Experience applying system performance measurement techniques to ensure optimal and cost effective operation of computing resources.
- Experience developing system documentation, maintenance procedures and best management practices for complex computing systems.
- Experience designing, developing, testing and documenting complex Eterhnet local area networks.
- Experience configuring, administering and supporting key computing infrastructure elements including telecommunication links, wide area networks, local area networks, secured remote access systems, electronic mail systems, servers, workstations and end user, technical support systems.
Applicants applying for this position MUST also possess the following Selective Factors. In the event you do not possess the Selective Factors, you will be found ineligible for the position.
Applicant must have one (1) year of experience in each one of the following items:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment (email services);
- Microsoft Lync 2010 environment (instant messaging services);
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 12 environment (mobile device management software interconnecting with Exchange);
- Heat Service Desk environment (helpdesk software);
- IBM Endpoint Lifecycle Management Software, also known as Big Fix (security tool for applying system updates);
- Tenable Nessus Vulnerability Scanner (security tool for reporting and remediating system vulnerabilities) and
- General knowledge about backup and recovery operations with CommVault (data backup application).
NOTE: All applicants must clearly address the Selective Factors in their resume.
If applicable, credit will be given for paid and unpaid experience. To receive proper credit, you must show the actual time (such as the number of hours worked per week) spent in activities.
**Your eligibility for consideration will be based on your responses to the questions in the application.**
See Qualifications Section for education requirements, if applicable.
Special Conditions of Employment Section:
Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment and panel interview, urinalysis, physical, and background investigation. All applicants are subject to, and must satisfactorily pass all screening requirements in relation to National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and credit check.
Additional selections may be made if vacancies occur within the life of the certificate.
Current Federal Law Enforcement Employees:
Individuals selected who are under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) or Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and who have not had three years "primary" law enforcement retirement coverage, will not be covered by law enforcement retirement while in this position. To regain coverage, individuals must return to a position with "primary" coverage.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJ's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Based upon your self-reported responses to the assessment questions during the application process, your application will be placed into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Applications will be reviewed from the top quality category. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are found qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to the responses you provided on the online assessment questionnaire.
NOTE: Candidates within the top quality category and who are eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your resume. Although veterans preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described under "How You Will Be Evaluated", veterans preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified.
In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest qualified category as defined by category rating procedures.
What Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are Required for this Position?
The following Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) are required:
- Knowledge of computer security.
- Knowledge of network systems.
- Ability to estimate and manage computer resources requirements.
- Ability to communicate with end users on a non-technical level.
- Ability to develop and apply technical documentation.
- Ability to analyze, design, and implement computer systems.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No