Assistant Inspector General for Inspections
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and experience to lead, administer, coordinate and direct an office.
2. Creates a culture that fosters development, diversity of thought, and team inspiration to accomplish strategic goals and priorities.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and experience to develop, communicate, coordinate and defend oversight plans, policies and programs that compel management action and accountability.
4. Demonstrates the ability to analyze the strategic operational environment and set direction to evaluate the effectiveness of alternative solutions, courses of action and strategies to address complex issues and maximize contributions at the Agency level.
5. Actively works to ensure a continuous transfer of knowledge and skills across organizations through effective use of knowledge sharing.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Experience in one or more Federal, DoD or Intelligence Community component Inspector General organizations.
2. Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the Intelligence Community roles, missions and operations.
DIA positions are Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) positions in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Applicants must meet the agency's conditions of employment, to include, but not limited to, satisfactory completion of an initial special background investigation and periodic reinvestigation, completion of any required medical examination and physical requirements, completion of any required personal interviews, favorable completion of any required initial or aperiodic polygraph examinations, completion of any required drug test, satisfactory completion of a two-year Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System trial period, and completion of a civilian mobility agreement. All employees are required to sign an agreement not to disclose, in any fashion, classified information to unauthorized persons. All civilian employees are required to participate in the DoD Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer of Pay (DD/EFT) Program. DIA employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Veterans who are preference-eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions are encouraged to apply.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes