Financial Systems Administrator
The deputy director of financial systems administration will be responsible for supporting and managing the finance department’s core business applications, including Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP), BI 360, Concur Travel and Expenses, and the per capita billing system among others. The candidate will primarily serve as the system administrator for our internal accounting system, Microsoft Dynamics GP to include managing user access, troubleshooting technical issues, providing recommendations for process redesign, functional efficiencies and optimal utilization along with end user training and documentation. Other key responsibilities include the configuration and development of management and regulatory reporting.
- Administer and support Microsoft Dynamics GP (general ledger, fixed assets, payables, receivables, bank reconciliations, budget and reporting).
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation or customization of Dynamics GP to improve business processes based on best practice while meeting AFT’s specific needs.
- Manage Dynamics GP integrations with other 3rd party systems, including BI 360, Concur Travel and Expenses, Ascentis Payroll and the per capita billing and payment tracking system.
- Configure and design internal and external financial reports and statements using Management Reporter, BI 360, or any other available analytical tools in collaboration with staff
- Assist in the maintenance, support patches, and version upgrades of GP and other connected business applications.
- Manage user access, security, and workflow rules within all business applications.
- Collaborate with the relevant staff to gather business requirements and liaise with third party vendors and to support technology advancements and achieve operating efficiencies.
- Support the development of regulatory disclosure reports required by the FEC, IRS, DOL, or any other local, state or federal governing agency.
- Document requirements, technical procedures and business processes; provide training to all end users as needed.
- Supervise staff, provide feedback, and prepare performance evaluations as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience with Dynamics GP, to include upgrades, implementations and database management.
- Experience with BI 360 and MS SQL Server.
- Experience Integration tools such as E-connect, Integration Manger, SmartConnect and SSIS.
- Experience with reporting tools such as SSRS, Crystal, GP Report Writer, or others
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Proven experience working in teams and a team environment.
- General knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and/or financial background.
Familiarity with unions or non-profit associations is highly desirable.