Administrative Assitant (Public Works)
The Department of Public Works is recruiting for a full-time Administrative Assistant, who will report to the DPW Public Resources Manager. The individual selected for this position will be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Provide administrative support to DPW engineering and City Hall staff in a challenging and fast-paced department;
- Provide customer service support for City residents and businesses, by phone, email and in person
- Handle mailings and tracking for Stormwater Management Review Team (SMRT) meetings; primary POC for Grading Plan submissions and coordination;
- Prepare DPW Admin Payroll with accuracy;
- Provide Utilities support, including Request Tracker and Dominion Energy tickets, street light outages, and Solid Waste billings;
- Support the MS-4 and CRS programs;
- Manage office work flow and maintain organized files and records;
- Perform complex and responsible office support tasks; assist with departmental budget-related activities, including stormwater and sanitary sewer accounts;
- Complete Website updates; manage departmental office supplies;
- Process invoices and bond return requests;
- Plan and coordinate meetings and DPW events;
- Perform related tasks as required.
- High school graduate;
- Two years of administrative experience, preferably in a government setting;
- Handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and effectively;
- Strong computer and software application skills (MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word; knowledge of MUNIS preferred but training is available);
- Good basic math skills; experience in standard office practices and equipment;
- Proven success in dealing with the public, using tact, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, solve problems, and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
This is a full-time permanent position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Salary & Benefits
Salary range $50,000+ depending on qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, free parking, credit union membership, and more. See www.fallschurchva.gov/benefits for additional information.
Applications received by April 22, 2019 will receive priority consideration
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation with the mutual agreement of the hiring authority and the Human Resources Division. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Human Resources Division. The City of Falls Church does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.