The Air Force Association seeks a Communications Coordinator responsible for undertaking several organizational and event planning projects that support the Communications team's work on a daily basis; instrumental in helping to develop, implement and coordinate an overall communications strategy that heightens AFA’s organizational identity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, write, and edit content for email blasts, newsletter, brochures, fundraising pieces and website content
- Maintain AFA’s website by keeping up-to-date content throughout the website
- Work closely with the graphic designer to create graphics for AFA campaigns and initiatives
- Manage all aspects of correspondence with speakers for AFA’s two major annual events
- Put together agendas, printed program and manage day-to-day logistics for the speakers for AFA’s two major events
- Draft, write and edit all scripts for speaking sessions for AFA’s events throughout the year
- Responsible for creating campaigns and scripts for AFA’s videos and PSAs
- Create communications plans for AFA initiatives and campaigns
- Create comprehensive calendar to manage AFA’s external communications
- Create comprehensive advertising plans for each of AFA’s two annual events
- Develop a solid working knowledge of Air Force and national security issues
- Maintains working knowledge of new and emerging communication technologies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a self-starter
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently is a must
- Ability to get along well with others and interact professionally with senior level military officials, academic professionals and industry representatives
- Knowledge of the Air Force or military is preferable
- 4-year degree in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations
- 3-5 years of work experience in a related field
Excellent benefits include healthcare, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, free parking and more! Please send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.