The Property Accountant will work as an integral member of our accounting department. You will work on our low-income housing property portfolios. You will work closely with the management team by providing monthly financial statements with backup information in a timely manner, in addition to other information that management may request.
You will do best within this position if you are organized and detailed-oriented and inherently understand how to best manage your time. Your property accounting background and expertise should enable you to work independently and make sound accounting decisions. You will expect to become knowledgeable about all financial aspects of the properties. Being accurate and timely is a must. Good communication is key. We always appreciate a positive and helpful attitude that demonstrates patience with those around us.
• Prepare full cycle accounting month end closing packages for a portfolio of market rate & affordable managed residential properties, including Bank Reconciliations, AR, Prepaids, Accruals and Preparation of Monthly Financial Statements according to GAAP guidelines to be reviewed by the Controller
• Prepare annual audit packages for review by independent auditor
• Participate in preparing property’s annual budgets
• Monitor treasury management transaction activities processed at the site level & approve those transactions for posting
• BS degree in Accounting or related field
• Experience may be substituted for education
• 3+ yrs. experience in property management accounting
• Knowledge of general property management regulations affecting financial transactions
• Knowledge of HUD (Section 8) & TAX CREDIT property management accounting & reporting requirements
• Proven ability to multi-task, remain organized, meet deadlines & work independently
• Proficiency w/MS Office, Nexus accounts payable, Excel spreadsheet applications
• Experience w/YARDI Voyager 7s accounting systems
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. E/O/EProperty Accountant