IT Specialist (Customer Support)
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Experience required: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing technology support and knowledge of computer software/hardware and high level of insight into the operation of Joint Service Provider.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets one of the definitions below:
A. Possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or at least three (3) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited college or university that is directly related to the work of the position. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
B. Have some specialized experience as described above, but less than one year; and have graduate level education in excess of a Master's Degree but less than the level of graduate-level education as described in A; and have computed the percentage of the requirements that you meet, and the total is at least 100. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 36. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify). (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge of an integrated ADP/LAN environment OR Microsoft Certified Product Specialist, or A+ Certification or experience with hands-on working knowledge in MS Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Antivirus Utilities; experience with a variety of network topologies; experience with IBM-compatible personal computers, terminal, peripheral equipment and associated software repair, installation, configuration and system operation and their supporting hardware to include backups, hard drives, network interface cards, and other interface peripherals; experience telecommunications software, Windows servers, client/server topologies, and a variety of file server hardware, and Remedy experience desired.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Experience within a Windows environment, MS Office, MS Exchange, Antivirus Utilities, Remedy experience desired.
- The incumbent must have a broad knowledge of advanced hardware and software systems and computer techniques, requirements, methods, sources, procedures, and performance measurement tools, system instructions of existing automated systems; management principles and policies and standards relating to telecommunications and computer hardware and software systems. As staff specialist, must have expert knowledge of a variety of computer and telecommunications systems to recommend methods for enhancing information management programs through modifications and application of evolving technology.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and automated tools to perform assignments (at minimum, the ability to use database management, spreadsheets, graphics, and communication applications software).Knowledge of mission, functions, organizational structure, and acquisition policy, regulations, and laws for related information systems, and Department of Defense (DoD) office structures. Also possesses a high level of understanding and insight into the operations of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP) and Department of State (State).
- Ability to communicate written and oral instructions, directives and briefings in authoritative, clear, concise and logical terms of implementing making assignments and presenting recommendations and conclusions to necessary stakeholders and SIGAR leadership.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent interpersonal skills with internal operating personnel within the SIGAR and at the DISA, JSP levels of command, as well as Department of State (DoS) to ensure accomplishment of objectives in areas of assigned responsibility.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Incumbent occupies a position that may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If your position is considered emergency essential, failure to remain in your position may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch. 752).
- Domestic and overseas travel may be required. For overseas travel, the incumbent will be required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the CENTCOM region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a Form SF 312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- The incumbent must be eligible for and be able to maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance and be subject to Random Drug Testing IAW AR 600-85 and Department of Defense Directive 2010.9.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume and supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.