Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- United States citizenship is required for consideration for this position.
- Employees are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees.
- Employees of the United States District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia are excepted service appointments. Excepted service appointments are "at will" and can be terminated with or without cause by the court.
- Employees are required to use the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit.
- Final candidates will undergo a background check and must successfully complete a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI), a five year investigation with five year periodic updates.
- Selection will be made consistent with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan adopted by the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia.
To qualify for the CL-25: The candidate must also possess a minimum of two years of specialized experience, one year of which must be equivalent to work at the CL-24.
To qualify for the CL-26: The candidate must also possess a minimum of two years of specialized experience, one year of which must be equivalent to work at the CL-25.
To qualify for the CL-27: The candidate must also possess a minimum of two years of specialized experience, one year of which must be equivalent to work at the CL-26.
Specialized experience includes progressively responsible experience that is in, or closely related to, the work of the position that has provided the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. For example, progressively responsible experience in at least one but preferably two or more of the functions areas of financial management and administration such as budgeting, accounting, auditing, or financial reporting that provided a knowledge of rules, regulations, and terminology of financial administration.
Preferred Experience: The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing is critical. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff; must be able to maintain complete and highly accurate records and files.
Excellent organization skills, the ability to respond to requests on short notice, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and stringent deadlines are essential.
Must exercise good judgment, flexibility, and initiative.
Legal or court accounting experience highly preferred.
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and other computer systems. Experience using CGI Momentum or similar accounting or financial systems is a plus.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
Full-time employees of the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia are eligible for a full range of benefits to include:
- A minimum of 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid annual leave in the amount of 13 days per year for the first three years, 20 days per year after three years, and 26 days per year after fifteen years
- Paid sick leave in the amount of 13 days per year
- Retirement benefits
- Optional participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, the Federal Employees' Health Benefits, the Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance, the Flexible Benefits Program, the Commuter Benefit Program, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- On-site physical fitness facility
- Flexible work schedule
- Federal Occupational Health (FOH)/Employee Assistance Programs
- Work Life Services
- On-site Health Unit
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered for an interview. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No