IT Specialist (DataMgt) CG-2210-12/13
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation is authorized.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
GRADE 12 LEVEL
Applicants must have one year of experience at the GS/CG-11 grade level participating in data analysis, data modeling, data integration, or business process to data mapping in support of development projects or other organizational initiatives.
GRADE 13 LEVEL
Applicants must have one year of experience at the GS/CG-12 grade level performing data analysis, data modeling, data integration, or business process to data mapping in support of development projects or other organizational initiatives, and analyzing emerging data warehouse, data integration, metadata, and data quality technologies for project or enterprise adoption.
There is no substitution for education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Knowledge of the principles of information management, techniques of logical and physical design and the ability to apply these principles within the guidelines of the adopted methodology and standards.
- Knowledge of industry trends in enterprise information management concepts products and software to make informed decisions and recommendations regarding their acquisition and implementation.
- Knowledge of applying master/reference data, operational data store (ODS) and data warehousing concepts, methods and technology to apply and adapt and improve approaches to the design, development and implementation of data mining, data warehousing and related data storage and retrieval systems.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Information Architecture principles, methods and practices including designing architectures using advanced methodologies and concepts to support data quality, data sharing and data security and access control.
- Skill in data analysis involving judgment, decision-making and critical thinking to interpret the results of data analysis and other data collection findings and determine the appropriate use of the results to corporate operations.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate information and prepare oral or written communications to advise management on data matters.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No