Computer Solutions Technician II
Howard Community College - Computer Solutions Technician II
Thank you for considering Howard Community College in your search.
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Image and install new desktop hardware and software. Diagnose and correct desktop (staff computers, telephones, printers, laptops, tablets, cell phones, and other peripheral equipment) problems in faculty and staff areas. Repair equipment and resolve any and all desktop software problems. Maintain network connectivity for all staff desktop equipment. Create and update desktop images as needed. Assist as necessary the UNS Network and Server Groups. Assist both the UNS/Network Group and UNS/Server Group as needed.
- Associates Degree in CS or related program and five years of experience in technical computer field required or MCP/MCDS certification/training with five years of direct experience in the field or an approved combination of education, training and experience with 8 years of directly related work experience with computer administration
- Thorough functional knowledge of current Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft application suite
- Thorough functional knowledge with imaging programs
- Thorough functional knowledge with automated deployment tools of MS software/OS
- Thorough functional knowledge of current desktop equipment hardware
- Working knowledge of Power Shell and/or Visual Basic for scripting
- Working knowledge of virtual environments
- Thorough knowledge of Ethernet networking protocols
- Working knowledge of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Working knowledge of domain naming systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- A+ Certified and Network+ required
Assign and monitor tasks given to interns and volunteers.
- Lifting desktop equipment up to 75-lbs. transporting desktop equipment up to 200 lbs. on carts. Moving furniture to access desktop equipment
- Work areas sometimes include close quarters such as closets, ceilings and crawl spaces
- Weekend on-call status when needed. Approximately once every two months
- Exposure to electromagnetic radiation, ozone and laser light
- May be exposure to high voltage electricity and high temperature components as well as soldering tools
- Occasional overtime required
- Hours Per Week: 37.5
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm. Occasional over time is required which may include weekend hours.
- Compensation: $22.01 per hour ($43,086 annually) plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
- Grade: 10
- FLSA Status: Not exempt from over time
- Open Until Filled
- For best consideration apply by April 30, 2019
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please include the following documents:
1. Cover letter
Link to submit application: http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=109100