Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We are currently seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who will participate in the full life cycle of software development while supporting the functionality and mission of ARIN. This includes research, design, development, testing, debugging, maintenance, and documentation, with a particular focus on the role of test automation and testing in the software development lifecycle. The functionality of ARIN includes domain name services, public key certificate services, registration software, billing/accounting solutions, customer record management, data research and analysis, web-based systems including REST, electronic publication of ARIN data and any future technical growth and implementations at ARIN.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and support testing of ARIN’s customer-facing and internal web applications, web services, and other backend systems related to functional areas such as whois, DNS, routing public key infrastructure, internet route registry, billing, and membership management software.
- Participate in ARIN’s synchronized, multi-team scrum-based Agile development process. Develop and deploy automated tests using Java Enterprise, Selenium, MyBatis, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Appium, and other testing tools against systems under test. Use open source software and scripting languages in Linux-based environments using ARIN standard practices for software test development.
- Participate in requirements gathering process. Produce, contribute to and/or review project specifications, design documents, flowcharts and diagrams. Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Consult with customers concerning requirements, enhancements and operation of systems. Provide estimates for work required, and recommend alternatives that control cost and/or improve velocity.
- Perform usability, reliability, compatibility, scalability, security, installation, stress, and integration testing as required to ensure quality of ARIN-developed software, with a particular focus on smooth, consistent and rapid delivery of software into the production environment, minimizing installation and functional bugs. Follow configuration management practices at ARIN, applying source control and coding standards.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to travel to various locations to attend industry related conferences.
Background / Skills Required
- 4-year college degree preferably in an information systems or computer science related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of job-related experience as a software developer or software developer in test.
- Coding experience with an automation test framework such as Selenium, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Appium.
- Experience working with relational databases, SQL and in at least one modern programming language such as Java.
- Working understanding of software project development concepts and QA methodologies.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Background / Skills Preferred
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and practices.
- Familiarity of IPv4, IPv6, PKI, and network routing protocols.