Jr. UX Researcher
We are looking for a Junior UX Researcher who not only understands their customers but also brings their A-game to join our consulting practice across commercial and federal projects. This person will turn interfaces into rich user experiences, working with our team as you model user behavior, create wireframes, and design interface concepts and graphic layouts by supporting an ongoing federal modernization effort.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related programs, and 2+ years of experience
- Strong facilitation skills and extensive experience conducting stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries and interviews, usability studies, and biometric tests.
- Hands-on user test management experience (lab, ethnographic, contextual inquiry; not including survey).
- Thorough, and process minded; able to act independently and manage multiple studies.
- Curious, driven by experimentation, grounded in cognitive sciences.
- Understand user interface design principles and usability for web and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working with designers and development teams to ensure that customer goals are met, and design specifications are delivered upon
- Outgoing, persuasive personality; able to influence user-centered decision-making.
- Comfortable with sketching, wireframing, flows and prototyping.
- Experienced in recording user tests and editing videos for reports.
- Good oral and written communication skills; able to distill and present research insights to others.
- Conduct qualitative analysis of existing implementations and provide thoughtful, strategic improvement recommendations.
- Define content strategy solutions, including document workflow and governance policies.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with client stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, workflow analysis.
- Translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Assist in writing user stories to define requirements when needed.
- Per federal clearance requirement, US Citizenship required for this position.