Supervisory Contract Specialist
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $117,191.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
1102 Qualifications GS-13 & above:
You must meet the requirements in 1, 2, or 3 below:
- All of the following: (a) Completion of Training listed in Level I & II of FAC-C Course Requirements; or FAC-C Level II or III, or a DAWIA level II or III certification. If your certification is over 2 years old, 80 hours of Continuous Learning Points are required to maintain certification. (b) At least 4years of experience in contracting or related positions including 1 year of specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the level described below; and (c) Completion of a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Exception: If you were in a GS-1102 position on January 1, 2000, you will be exempt from meeting the educational requirements for the grade level of that position. However, to be promoted you will have to meet Option 1 or 3.
- Waiver: GSA's senior procurement executive has the discretion to waive any or all of the requirements in 1 above.
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-1102-13 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience analyzing business unit processes and applying procurement management standards and procedures to coordinate acquisition, administration and termination of regional service and construction contracts.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement or in other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-Federal work experience or uniformed service experience.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Ability to plan, manage, supervise and evaluate projects and staff.
- Knowledge of contracting laws, principles and regulations to plan, manage, review and approve procurements.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition regulations, contract laws, procedure guidelines and policies.
- Ability to manage procurement functions to meet daily operational needs.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
If you are eligible under Inter-agency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No