Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 19-DO-238-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-12:
You must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level or equivalent in the private sector that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
-Participating in the processing and validating of accounting transactions, such as disbursements, reconciliations and repayments; AND
-Reconciling a variety of subsidiary and general ledger accounts and verifying the completeness of accounting or financial data; AND
-Experience applying knowledge of financial management, fiscal, audit, and accounting theories, concepts, principles, and procedures; AND
-Experience performing internal control tests and providing responses to accounting audits.
Specialized experience for the GS-11:
You must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level or equivalent in the private sector that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
-Assisting with processing and validating of accounting transactions, such as disbursements, reconciliations and repayments; AND
-Assisting with reconciling a variety of subsidiary and general ledger accounts and verifying the completeness of accounting or financial data; AND
-Experience assisting with internal control tests and responding to accounting audits.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-11, you must have been at the GS-09 level for 52 weeks.
Basic Requirements for Accountant 0510 series:
A. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
B. Combination of education and experience -- at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; OR
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; OR
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We may offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on, if required.
- Undergo an income tax verification, if required.
- Public Trust – Background Investigation will be required.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Analytical and Communication. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No