Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To be eligible, applicants must meet one of the following requirements;
Completed all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two (2) years.
Individuals who, due to military service obligation, were precluded from applying to the Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period described above shall have a full 2-year period of eligibility upon release or discharge from active duty. This eligibility period cannot extend more than 6 years from the date on which the requirements for the academic course of study were met.
Enrolled students: If you will complete your degree requirements by June 01st 2019, you may apply.
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE: Applicants must meet the following specialized experience and/or education requirements listed below:
Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
FOR THE GS-09 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Evaluation, research/collection, and analysis of current and historical trends of economic data, as well as formulating conclusions and report preparation.
- Preparation of tables, charts, graphs, or maps to better illustrate and support analytical conclusions.
- Knowledge of working with and manipulating data from numerous sources and in database management.
- Experience with the application of economic techniques and principles using mathematical and/or econometric models, statistical techniques, and software.
EDUCATION: Master's or equivalent graduate degree in economics, applied economics, international economics, agribusiness, agricultural economics or related. OR 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a M.S. or equivalent graduate degree in
economics, applied economics, or international economics.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please see above for education qualification requirement information.
- Recent Graduate appointments are intended to last for 1 year. Recent Graduates who satisfactorily complete all the USDA Recent Graduates Program requirements may be non-competitively converted to a Term or Permanent appointment in the competitive service. Conversion is not guaranteed. Recent Graduates converted to Term appointments may later be non-competitively converted to a Permanent competitive service position.
- If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entrance on duty.
- A Pathways Participant Agreement will be required if you are selected for a position. The agreement must be signed by all applicable parties prior to entrance on duty.
- First time hires to the federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the duty location of the position. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Selection will be at GS-0110-09 with the possibility of conversion to a term or permanent GS-0110-09, with promotion potential to the GS-12 level. Conversion eligibility and position is not guaranteed and depends upon the program unit's needs.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Before you submit an application for this vacancy, please carefully review the position requirements. Please apply only if you meet the required minimum qualifications AND Recent Graduates program eligibility requirements described in the announcement. Your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, and competencies listed below:
If you have reviewed the announcement and believe that you meet both the minimum qualifications and the program requirements, you should document your experience and education in your resume. Since traditional resumes do not always provide all the information needed to determine your status, you should create a more detailed resume to use when applying to Federal positions. Your resume should include:
- Type of degree and date it was received
- Statement of U.S. citizenship
- Job announcement number
- Work and/or volunteer experience including employment dates, hours worked per week, salary and supervisor information
- Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, permanent address, contact phone number and email address.
To preview the application questionnaire, please visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10462486 Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No