Maintenance Worker (MVO)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver's license is required. You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You will be designated as an "emergency" or "essential" employee, required to work emergency situations determined by park management.
- Applicants must be at least (1)18 years old or (2) at least 16 years old and: (a) Have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b) Have completed a formal vocational training program; or
- (c) Have received a statement from school authorities agreeing with their preference for employment rather than continuing their education; or (d) Be currently enrolled in a secondary school and either work only during school vacation periods or work part-time during the school year under a formal student employment program.
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (SCREEN OUT)
- Technical Practices (Theoretical, Precise, Artistic).
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications,etc. (Includes Blueprint Reading).
- Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment.
- Knowledge of Materials.
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Use of Measuring Instruments.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
This position is concurrently open to status candidates, VEOA, Land Management and Career Transition eligibles and those eligible for special/non-competitive hiring authorities to include Public Land Corps under Announcement Number NC-1616-WHHO-19-10441424-ST.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if identical vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Physical Demands: The work requires lengthy periods of standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting moderately heavy (up to 50 pounds) unassisted, and heavier items with the assistance of others or with the use of lifting device. Motor vehicle operation requires moderate physical effort in training, backing and controlling vehicles in confined areas.
Working Conditions: Incumbent is required to work outdoors and indoors in all types of weather and is subject to discomfort from heat, humidity and cold. Clothing may become soiled from chemicals, dirt, and medium generated from tree planting or removal process. Incumbent is frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts bruises, burns, and broken bones. Incumbent is subject to fumes, dust and residue generated by power tools and dust. In some instances work requires wearing protective equipment and clothing; incumbent may experience discomfort while wearing protective equipment and clothing.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses provided in the Assessment Questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation, you will be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score will be adjusted accordingly. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you can lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions can affect your rating.
Candidates will be rated and ranked using Category Rating procedures. These procedures place candidates with veteran's preference above non-preference eligibles within each category. Veterans with a service connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. Under Category Rating, candidates will be rated and ranked into one of three categories:
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position
- Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are proficient in most of the requirements of the job
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors and are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No