The primary role of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. The Parent Liaison works directly with the local school Principal and staff by serving as a resource person for parents within their school community.
* Provides parents with a variety of information about programs, school requirements, resources, special events, and/or activities.
* Supports the community school initiative by collaborating with the school social worker and school counselor to provide enrichment programs.
* Identifies and recruits community partners and stakeholders to share resources, both human capital and financial support.
* Assists parents and students to access the resources available at the school and county level.
* Supports students activities before and/or after the regular school day as needed.
* Performs related work as required.
* Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
* Relates well to people of all ethnic groups
* Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
* Demonstrates strong organizational skills
* Must be trustworthy and dependable
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle
or feel objects or tools, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and
hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be
required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.