Warehouse and Inventory Assistant Manager
Warehouse Assistant Manager Job Purpose: Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff. Print sales orders, process and ship orders as directed with UPS Worldship system. Keeps warehouse organized.
Warehouse Assistant Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains shipping, receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with inventory system.
- Provides shipping quotes for UPS and freight shipments.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Keep warehouse organized.
- Implement new inventory system and create assembly lists for ease of order processing.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitor product stock levels and re-order products as necessary.
Skills/Qualifications: Supervising capabilities, Developing Budgets, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Equipment Maintenance, Shipping & Receiving Experience, Packaging Experience, Preparing and shipping crated goods. Computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, and experience with UPS Worldship