IT Specialist, Systems Analysis - Bureau of Health Workforce
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
To qualify for this position you must have IT related experience and/or training that demonstrates that you possess each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to Detail - am thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service - Work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; know about available products and services; am committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication - Express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately;
4. Problem Solving - identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the four IT related competencies, in order to qualify for this IT Specialist (System Analysis) position at the GS-11,your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-9 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Analyzing information needs and functional requirements and implement business process improvements;
- Applying business analysis principles and techniques, process engineering concepts on new IT policies or programs;
- Consulting with customers and providing advice on solutions to their IT systems and software issues;
- Performing phases of projects, from advising on specification requirements and limitations to helping project managers define problems or need; and
- Developing schedules, milestones or reporting procedures to monitor IT progress on projects.
Have successfully completed the requirements for a Ph.D. Degree (or equivalent) in IT or field directly related to this position, OR completed at least 3 years of graduate education toward such a degree; You must provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts with your application. Failure to do so will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
Have an equivalent combination of graduate education and specialized experience that meets 100% of the qualifications requirements, as described above. You must provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts with your application. Failure to do so will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 04/19/2019.
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video... Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): Click here
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS - Analysis of processes leading to the planning, design, and implantation of new and improved information systems to meet the requirements of the organization.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT - Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of information technology (IT) for designing, developing, and testing software in a given environment.
TECHNICAL WRITING - Prepares written documentation to transfer technical information about concepts, situations, products, services, or results to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10462865