Event Marketing Intern , Youth Education Summit
Two positions available. **Must be available throughout period of May 28 - August 2, 2019**
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Event Marketing & Communications Manager and Y.E.S. team with all arrangements and marketing for the Y.E.S. program and other marketing assets for Field Operations. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association. Work schedule is <30 hours/week; $12.00/hour
Support staff within departmental guidelines in coordination of the National Youth Education Summit to include:
- Assist in preparation of informational and itinerary packets for all Y.E.S. attendees and chaperones
- Assist in preparation of Y.E.S. promotional bags for students and chaperones
- Assist in packing all needed items for each Y.E.S. session and the Y.E.S. remote office at the hotel
- Assist in all aspects of both sessions of the week-long Y.E.S. event held at NRA Headquarters and surrounding areas in Washington, D.C. as directed
- Organize grant finalization paperwork for each Y.E.S. attendee
- Assist in creating creative content and promotional materials for the Friends of NRA and the NRA Foundation including design flyers, ads, e-mail blasts and other support materials.
- Maintain Friends of NRA Facebook pages
- Perform other duties as assigned
Assist in developing effective communication tools to market Friends of NRA and the Youth Education Summit to NRA members and the general public to include:
- Write and edit articles for brochures, newsletters, blog posts and other publications
- Conduct research for potential NRABlog articles and Traditions features
SCOPE: High visibility with Field Operations divisional staff, other staff within the NRA, and Y.E.S. participants. Position functions in a fast paced, deadline oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities with direct supervision and support. Evenings, weekend work and 12-15 hour workdays will be required during Y.E.S. weeks. Ability to lift and carry 25-30 pounds required during both sessions of Y.E.S.; July 8-14 and July 22-28.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Event coordination, graphic design and marketing experience is preferred. Y.E.S. Alumni currently enrolled at an accredited higher education institution preferred. Experience with social media required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Strong writing and computer skills required. Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of NRA staff and high school aged students who will be attending Y.E.S. Attention to detail with a sense of creativity essential. Proficiency in MS Office suite and social media platforms. Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) preferred. Applicants should submit a writing and/or graphic design sample along with their resume.
Please forward resume and writing samples/graphic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled)