Director, Management Advisory Services
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Overnight travel is rare, and generally only in conjunction with attending out-of-town training, seminars, or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizens.
- Criminal History Records Check (with fingerprinting).
- Secret Security Clearance (minimum).
- This is a drug testing-designated position; pre-employment drug screening will be required.
Experience in and knowledge of reviewing/auditing internal controls, management techniques, business process improvement methodologies, and supporting system development life cycle activities.
Must have skill in: (i) establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with high ranking officials and (ii) effective oral and written communications.
Undergraduate degree and 24 semester hours of accounting (may include up to 6 semester hours in business law) is required. Additionally, must have either: (i) an applicable graduate degree and certification or (ii) undergraduate degree and two certifications. (Qualifying certifications include: CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CGAP, CGFM, MCSE, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Auditor and Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence.)
Benefits of Working at the U.S. House of Representatives
General Benefits - U.S. House of Representatives staff are eligible to participate in the various employee benefits plans (e.g. Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees Health Benefits, Federal Employees Life Insurance, etc.) to which other federal employees are entitled.
The Office of Inspector General, U.S. House of Representatives, participates in the following Federal benefits programs shown on the OPM websites below:
- Health Insurance: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/plans/
- Dental and Vision: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/dental-vision/
- Flexible Spending Accounts: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/flexible-spending-accounts/
- Life Insurance: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/life-insurance/
- Long-term Care: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/long-term-care/
- Additionally, employees may participate in the Thrift Savings Plan. https://www.tsp.gov/index.html
- Less than 3 years of service/experience = 12 days annual leave per year.
- Between 3 years and 6 years of service/experience = 18 days annual leave per year.
- 6 or more years of service/experience = 24 days annual leave per year.
Student Loan Repayment Program - Employees can be reimbursed for up to $10,000 per year (with a maximum of $60,000 in total) for federally backed student loans.
Gym Membership - House employees are eligible for discounted memberships to "Gold's Gym" and to the House Fitness Center.
On-site Day Care facility.
Flexible work schedule.
Eligibility for either free, on-site parking or an amount up to the DoT monthly limit in mass transit benefits. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates whose resumes illustrate they possess knowledge and experience in the following areas, and that they meet the education and professional certification requirements will be considered:
- Experience and knowledge of advisory engagements and performance audits.
- Understanding of government auditing standards.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.