Staff Clinician (Clinical Genomics)
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must possess or be able to possess a full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Applicants must meet the degree requirements: Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Medical School: A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- This appointment is not permanent. If selected, your initial appointment will be the length of 2 years. We may exercise the option of extending the appointment, but any extension is not guaranteed.
- This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- NIH's EEO and Diversity and Inclusion Policy Statement
- Visit the NIH's Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion site for information on NIH's EEO program, Reasonable accommodation procedures, laws, policy statements, and the operation of the EEO complaint process.
- NIH provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Because this position will be filled through 42 U.S.C. § 209(g), NIH reserves the right to fill this position through any means to find the best candidate. We reserve the right to close or extend this announcement without notice and to advertise using any means necessary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This position will be filled through 42 U.S.C. § 209(g). Title 5 or civil service hiring laws or regulations do not apply to this position. Public notice, formal rating and ranking, veterans preference, and all other Title 5 hiring procedures do not apply.
Selection for this position will be based solely on merit, with no discrimination for non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization. The NIH encourages the application and nomination of qualified women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.