Deputy Assistant IG for Audits and Inspections
Occasional travel - Oversees travel to Afghanistan and other locations is required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe you meet the specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: developing annual audits and inspection work plans, determining audit and inspection project schedules and resource requirements, and monitoring the progress of these projects; identifying opportunities for improving the effectiveness of the directorate's operations; performing quality assurance; experience with the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards and the Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Mastery of the Comptroller General's Generally Accepted and Government Auditing Standards and Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation.
- Expertise in planning, performing, directing, and managing audits and/or inspections, and reporting on the results.
- Experience working in and managing staff with a federal Office of Inspector General and/or the Government Accountability Office.
- Comprehensive understanding of the organization and operations of an Office of Inspector General, including interrelationship between audit, inspection, investigation and other oversight functions.
- Experience conducting oversight of programs and efforts funded by the Department of Defense, Department of State, and U.S. Agency for International Development, including programs implemented by international organizations.
- Knowledge of the U.S. reconstruction effort in Afghanistan, including objectives and focus of the effort, primary agencies involved, and prior oversight work.
- Ability to adequately supervisor and direct audit and inspection staff in the conduct of an audit or inspection.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirements using experience alone- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This position may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If considered emergency essential, failure to meet emergency essential requirements may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch 752.).
- Incumbent must complete a Form SF312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Incumbent is subject to random drug testing.
- Overseas travel is required. In support of this travel, the incumbent is required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the CENTCOM region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.