CONTRACT SPECIALIST *12 MONTH ROSTER* (ACQUISITION MANAGER)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
You must complete all Mandatory Training requirements as described in DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY ACQUISITION CAREER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM HANDBOOK. AND
Have 4 years of experience in contracting or related positions and 1 year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower level as defined below. AND a four (4) year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. OR
Exception: Employees occupying a GS-1102 position will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on or after January 1, 2000. However, basic requirements and specialized experience requirements must be met in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade.
GS-15 LEVEL: You must have one (1) year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Acquisition planning, contract formation, partnering with government and industry, administration, and resolution of disputes and claims, and providing procurement advice and counsel to agency program managers and executives; Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of the contracting portion of project management plans; Ensuring the award and administration of contracts complies with applicable contracting laws, directives, and policies; Managing the procurement of all types of equipment, supplies and/or services using multiple acquisition strategies including competition or contracting by negotiations, settlement of terminations for convenience and default, claims for delay and disruption, and resolution of contractor performance issues.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- Security Clearance- Public Trust-Background Investigation
Position is located in Office of Procurement, One (1) vacancy to be filled at Lanham-Seabrook, MD or Washington, DC.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
This position will be filled through the Direct Hire Authority. Under this authority, competitive rating, ranking, and veterans' preference procedures do not apply. Your application will be considered based on education, training, and quality of your experience. For more information on Direct-Hire Authority visit: OPM Direct Hire Fact Sheet.
Referral: Applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). Wewill not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be rated as “WELL QUALIFIED" to receive special selection priority.
This vacancy announcement will be used as a register to fill vacancies through 05/01/2020.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No