Senior Manager of Operations
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Operations to join our team and directly support manufacturing operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing of products in strict compliance with company goals and objectives.
· Effective management of the production departments and operations engineering group
· Manage multi-shift production operations to meet daily schedules at the optimum level of productivity and quality.
· Oversee the allocation of personnel, material and equipment resources to meet the daily objectives.
· Manage production planning and scheduling.
· Maintain capacity planning models for all significant processes and equipment.
· Develop and execute continuous improvement efforts to improve efficiency and utilization of all production lines.
· Manage daily/weekly labor variances. Identify labor variances issues and provide a plan to improve.
· Provide leadership and work well with all levels of the organization.
Qualification/Skills (Know of the Job)
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or manufacturing technology discipline.
· 15+years’ experience in manufacturing management within an electronics environment.
· Master’s degree in electrical engineering.
· Experience within a lean manufacturing environment with demonstrated results and oriented leadership leading to continuous cost, quality and productivity improvement.
· Demonstrated success with Six-Sigma or other problem-solving methodologies in a production environment.
· Knowledge of all aspects of electronics manufacturing processes.
· Hands on experience with production test software and hardware development.
· Good analytical and communication skills.
· Knowledge of SAP software.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.