Sr. Java Developer
Eagle Technologies - Awarded multiple 5-year government contracts in 2017
Eagle Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking highly skilled, full-stack developers to provide web development for systems supporting the Head Start Enterprise System, Office of Head Start. The position requires experience with object-oriented design, front-end and back-end technologies, and Continuity of Operations (COOP). This full-time, permanent position entails assisting in understanding and evaluation of client-proposed requirements; implementing solutions using Java and several other tools; creating technical and visually appealing designs using J2EE design patterns; working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL; and functioning in a continuous integration environment.
Eagle needs energetic, creative Java developers to support clients on an ongoing basis. The candidate must be proficient in developing and documenting technically sound solutions from customer requirements, and have evident, clear speaking and technical writing skills. He or she must display a strong desire for problem solving, and an ability to interact with the development team.
The applicant must be authorized to work in the United states without required visa sponsorship, both now and in the future.
Public Trust clearance will be required. Must be willing to pass a company background check.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related discipline;
- 5-7 years of experience designing and developing in Java, J2EE, HTML &CSS, JQuery, RestFul;
- NOTE: Recent graduates with demonstrable C++ and/or Java proficiency may be considered for entry-level positions;
- Proficiency with Spring Framework, Maven, SVN, Subversion, and in writing Unix shell scripts;
- Hands-on background in XML, JSON, SXLT, XML Schema, JAX-WS, and JAX-RS;
- Utilizing Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies; and
- Working with Test Driven Development (Junit, Jmockit, or Mockito).
- Artistic background, data visualization experience
- Experience with Agile, UX/UI methodologies
- Responsive and mobile design skills
- Engineering or architecture experience with AWS commercial cloud services
Qualified candidates must attach a resume, and a cover letter specifying expectations. Applications that are submitted without both requirements are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
Eagle Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under law.