Student Cooperative - Office of Audit Information Technology
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet ALL of the minimum requirements.
- Students must be currently enrolled full or half-time in an accredited college or university program, classified or academically ranked by semester hours as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student. (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPT STATING CURRENT ENROLLMENT STATUS, GPA AND IN GOOD STANDING)
- Field of study must be a degree program with a concentration or emphasis in the study of Information Technology, Computer Science, or accounting (auditing).
- Must be in academic good standing as defined by the college or university, earning at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- Must be able to report to work in the USPS OIG office for which you are selected during core business hours.
- Must have experience with computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, etc
- Experience with network scanning, vulnerability detection, and risk mitigation
- Prior audit experience
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CPA.
Students must be currently enrolled full or half-time in an accredited college or university program, classified or academically ranked by semester hours as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student, graduating from an accredited college or university in May 2020 or later. (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPT STATING CURRENT ENROLLMENT STATUS, GPA AND IN GOOD STANDING)
Student Cooperatives are not eligible for USPS OIG Employee Benefits.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your responses to the online assessments completed during the application process. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Attention to Detail
Include major accomplishment relevant to the following evaluation factors in your resume:
- Ability to research and analyze various information/problems
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to verbally communicate information and ideas so that others will understand
- Ability to work on a team, whether as a team member or leader, to accomplish project objectives and goals
- Ability to use computer systems and related software including Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of the cyber security area including basic concepts, security principles, security of network systems, incident response, security implications and adoption of evolving technology
- Knowledge and experience with generally accepted government auditing standards or generally accepted auditing standards
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required Yes