Office Operations Specialist
The Chronicle is seeking an Office Operations Specialist for a central role in the operation of our office. In this position, you will act as first point of contact for Chronicle customers and visitors. You’ll maintain strong working relationships with company staff as the “go to” person for office services. Additionally, you’ll be a partner to our content revenue team by addressing first-line inquiries from subscribers and account holders regarding site licenses, subscriber services, and Chronicle webinars. You will quickly become a repository of institutional knowledge to connect customers and staff to the appropriate resource or service.
What you’ll do:
- Be the first point of contact for The Chronicle’s customers and guests. Know the products and services of the company to answer questions and provide information to internal and external audiences.
- Provide informed service to our customers through emails with subscribers, account holders, and others to discuss or resolve questions regarding site licenses, subscriber services and Chronicle webinars through various software platforms.
Facilities Services and Support
- Be the informed, “Go To” person for staff requests by taking ownership of the service request system and connecting services and answers to clients’ requests.
What you bring:
- At least 1 year of experience in reception or customer service, and office support.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail are essential. You’ll need to employ a welcoming and capable phone manner and professional writing skills.
- Strong ownership of assigned tasks and commitment to providing timely, efficient support to many audiences.
- Strong initiative to seek out information, develop solutions to daily challenges and know when to ask for help.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required. Experience working in SalesForce, AMS and WebHelpDesk are a plus.
- Must have the ability to navigate and search in software systems for customer information.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Operations Specialist” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 24 paid vacation days a year.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.